Friday, June 14, 2013

I've Graduated College, Now What?

It's been nearly a month since graduation and I am anxious to dive into work. I knew that it would take some time to find a job, but I'm an impatient person. I want to be working now. So what should I do in the meantime, aside from job hunting?

Blog of course!

Okay, so that probably won't get me far, but I have dedided to work on my professional portfolio. I probably should have done that long before graduation, but who has the time when in the middle of final exams and deadlines for major projects?

Nevertheless, here I am relearning to build a website from scratch and trying to incorporate my writing samples, in the hopes of obtaining a job. If nothing else, I hope to find some sort of freelance writing work. Dreamweaver is a chore.

For the writers out there, what are the best and worst resources you've found for building your online portfolios?

I will be posting a link to the portfolio soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment